Friday, November 4, 2011

Sonam Kapoor on the cover of Vogue (November 2011) + excerpts

The gorgeous Sonam Kapoor on the cover of Vogue for the month of November 2011.

I love the minimalistic makeup and the overall feel of the cover. Here are some excerpts from the cover.

Sonam has been photographed by Bruno Dayan and styled by Edward Lalrempuia.


She wears Chanel one day; Cavalli the next; Anamika Khanna in the morning; Masaba at night. But behind the immaculately styled, carefully accessorised and tastefully-turned-out Sonam Kapoor lies a woman who can think on her feet and unabashedly speak her mind. Vogue India finds a kindred spirit:

Kick starting the interview; she boldly declares “Indian men don’t understand fashion unless they are gay.”
Clearing the perception the media has created about her being dress obsessed she states “It takes me 10 minutes to decide what to wear. It all depends on how I’m feeling. I am spontaneous in everything I do, and I’ve got into a lot of trouble because of that.”

Speaking about her career preference she says “I have always been a rebel. Becoming an actor was an act of rebellion. My mom thought I would be JK Rowling. I love acting, but I don’t like the s**t that comes with it.”
Acknowledging the necessity of being red-carpet ready she concurs that’s what sets her apart, she says “The biggest stars in the world have been fashion icons: Audrey Hepburn, Meena Kumari, Marilyn Monroe, Farrah Fawcett. Each one of them had a strong individual style.”

Reminiscing about her childhood she admits “I was a complete geek. I never liked girlie things. Dolls didn’t do it for me. It was only at 15 that I became aware I could be a girl, I was quite skinny—my dad used to call me a giraffe. Then I went to boarding school and put on weight. And when you are bigger, you want to look prettier.”

Divulging the trick to her signature classy demeanour she says “Never bare it all. You have to retain the mystery of being a woman. That’s why Katrina Kaif is who she is—a mystery. Men like mystery.”

When asked about the expensive proposition of always looking immaculate, she shyly reveals “I don’t spend much because a lot of it is freebies. Though, usually, I pay.”

Speaking about her object of desire, she’s quick to reply “I want a Valentino gown designed by Valentino himself. It’s next to impossible to get, but it’s on my wish list.”

When questioned about one thing she would never wear, she declares “Wedges. Because I have big feet. And a Spandex dress—I don’t have the body for it. Though I wish I had.”

Aware of the constant media scrutiny that surrounds her, she carelessly retorts “Frankly, I don’t give a damn. I can’t give a s**t.”

Speaking about the attention-grabbing Jean Paul Gautier gown she sported at the Cannes Festival she says “I have a nice bottom. I was thrilled to hear that. But I won’t do it to seek the wrong kind of attention.”

Strict to confirm to work etiquette, Sonam says she will never date an actor “a person who will take more time than me to get ready. And actors usually do that. I don’t like primping, preening men.”

Brushing aside Bollywood’s latest heart-throb Ranbir Kapoor she indifferently questions “Are girls drooling over him? Really? Ranbir isn’t sexy at all. Ranbir is a mama’s boy, his mother cuts his toenails for him.”

Speaking about the qualities she seeks in her man, she confidently pronounces “Shoes. Because shoes maketh a man. Intelligence, because everybody is daft. Looks are not important to me, I can make him stylish.”
More on the actress in November issue of Vogue India.


No comments:

Post a Comment