Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Birthday ❤❤❤ Aishwarya Rai Bachchan ❤❤❤

An angel is born!

On November 1st, 1973 in Mangalore, Krishnaraj Rai and Vrinda Rai were blessed with a light eyed baby girl, named Aishwarya (prosperity). She was a very intelligent and talented student. She completed her +2 with 90%. Along with studies, she also trained for classical singing and dancing.



 Supermodel Aishwarya


Her photographs were noticed by people in the showbiz and modelling offers started pouring in. In no time, she became the highest paid model and also became the face of reputed brands like Pepsi, Lakme, Titan, Fuji Films etc. She was offered movies from the likes of Yash Chopra (DTPH), Mani Ratnam (Bombay) but she turned them down since she wanted to particpate in the Miss India contest. She did and ended up becoming Miss World!
 Superstar Aishwarya


Aishwarya debuted with an unconventional Mani Ratnam art house film and won several accolades and the film went on to win multiple National awards though it was a box office disappointment. Meanwhile success continued and she gave hits like Jeans, Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, Taal, Kandukondain Kandukondain, Josh, Mohabbatein, Devdas, Chokher Bali, Raincoat, Khakee, Bride and Prejudice, Dhoom 2, Guru, Provoked, Jodhaa Akbar, Sarkar Raj, Raavanan, Endhiran/Robot etc and went on to deliver several powerpacked performances. She won the Best actress awards for her movies like Jeans, Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, Devdas, Chokher Bali, Raincoat (critics) etc. She also won the Best actress of the decade award thrice (IIFA, Big Star Entertainment awards and FICCI). A look at her body of work (below) gives us a peek into her versatility and sheer hardwork. Aishwarya is the only mainstream Indian actor to do work in Bollywood, regional cinema and Hollywood (making her a pan Indian star and an international celebrity).
 Dance empress Aishwarya!


An outstanding dancer, Aishwarya is the favourite of several top choreographers like Prabhudeva, Shiamak Davar, Saroj Khan, Vaibhavi Merchant, etc. Western, Indian, classical, folk, flamenco, jazz, salsa, rap, mujra, break dance, she has excelled at everything.
 Fun facts about Aishwarya


Aishwarya was the head girl of her school. All the years she stood first in her class, except in class 10 when she stood second in her school and wept for a good 15 minutes in the principal’s office.
She is the only Miss India to win the maximum preliminary titles - Miss Perfect 10, Miss Popular, Miss Catwalk, Miss Photogenic, Miss Beautiful Eyes, Miss Beautiful Smile.
Can speak over six languages - Tulu, Hindi, Marathi, Bengali, Tamil and English.
Never exercised in her life (except once for Dhoom 2)
Not too fond of jewellry, loves to collect watches instead.
The only Indian actor to be voted among TIME magazine's 100 most influential people in the world. Also the only one to be on the cover of TIME magazine.
Youngest Padmashree winning mainstream actor
The youngest Indian to have a statue at Madame Tussauds. Also the only Indian to have multiple statues.
When Devdas was screen at Cannes in 2002, apart from the standing ovation it got, the only other thing that impressed them was Aishwarya. They were so impressed, they invited her to become a jury member at the next year's festival. Yet again, she is the youngest and the first Indian actor to do it.
 Stars speak about Aishwarya


Sushmita Sen - I am proud of Aishwarya. She has given every Indian a reason to be proud. I think there is definitely a very huge price to pay when you are as beautiful as Aishwarya Rai is. There is huge price to pay when your entire projection has always been that of perfection. So even if the poor girl does something, as sneeze in public, it's news, and it's bad news. I can sneeze in public and get away with it, and it will not make news or it will not be a bad news. So I really wish that media would give Aishwarya Rai a break because I think a girl goes through a lot of pressure all the time from everybody from the Madame Tussauds, to the world press, to English movies etc. It is just like the world is expected out of Aishwarya Rai. I’ve seen Ash working very hard on the film sets, I can’t do it.
Martin Henderson - "I have a soft spot for her.It's not because of her beauty,though she is very beautiful. I like the side that isn't seen. I mean the image of Ash is this huge movie star which she is in India is one thing, but you know I was lucky to spend time with her and get to know the other side of her which is a really sweet, very sensitive, and really lovable person, she giggles a lot"
Rituparno Ghosh - "I was never interested in her as a person. But during the shooting of Chokher Bali I got to know her as an extremely emotional and intelligent person. She has the rare ability of surrendering to the director. When I met her for narrating the script of Chokher Bali, she was clad in white and the first question she asked me was if she needs to tonsure her head to portray the role of the widow named Binodini. Tears rolled down her cheeks as she heard the plot."
Simi Garewal - "Ash is as beautiful inside as she is outside. It's difficult for people to digest that. So they conveniently conclude the sweet exterior hides a devious inner life.”
Fight choreographer Dion Lam (Spider-man 2, The Matrix 1, 2 and 3 - "Aishwarya is faster than any other actress I've ever taught. Very smart and intelligent. If she does action films, she will become a true super-hero."
Preity Zinta - "Why is everyone on this hate mail trip as far as she is concerned? I know one thing about her that she has conducted herself with such dignity, whatever her position in the numbers game. And people are out judging her in the newspapers and magazines and formulating and airing opinions without even knowing her or what she is going through. I was so disturbed yesterday when I read something on the internet that I actually posted something on the site and asked everybody to back off. I feel protective."
Deepika Padukone - "I am in Bollywood because of Aishwarya Rai."
Minissha Lamba - "I idolize Aishwarya Rai, she is the first Indian heroine to have taken Indian cinema to the global market. She’s made us all proud. Aishwarya. She's the only woman who has handled every crisis in her life with utmost dignity and poise. Whether it was the highs or the lows, she's always held her own and always been so dignified. "
Bipasha Basu - In Bollywood, I like Kajol, Manisha Koirala and Tabu. Also Aishwarya Rai, who I feel, is a complete actress, just like old-time actresses. She is the most beautiful woman in the world.
Sabyasachi Mukherjee - If Aishwarya Rai walks down the ramp in a certain sari, you'd have one million web requests the next day for the very same sari. It's juvenile not to accept that.
Divya Dutta - I always imagined her to be snooty. But one day when I was sitting quietly in a corner, she came up to me and inquired after my health. She is a caring person and shares a brilliant rapport with everyone.
Vidya Balan (when she was not a star) - "Aishwarya Rai banged on my door, walked right in and said "Thought I should drop in and say Hi" I was blown away by her warmth. There was no need for her to have done that. She is Aishwarya Rai for god's sake. But the beauty of her is that she is so level-headed and normal. I just love Ash. If I can possess even a fraction of her poise I’d consider myself lucky.”
Shreya Ghoshal - "I met Aishwarya several times during the film and she was just wonderful. Extremely polite and charming."
Madhuri Dixit - "She was generous enough to send medicines from her vanity van when she heard I was running temperature just before the show. She has always been a nice human being and if someone is nice at heart, it shows in your face. I wish her loads of happiness and good luck."
Sanobar (stuntwoman) - "Aishwarya is dignified, unassuming and caring. I remember when we were shooting for Dhoom 2 in Durban and bomb blasts happened in Mumbai, she insisted that I call my fiance and inquire about his whereabouts. She even offered me her phone. She has always acknowledged my work. And unlike other actresses she never blows her own trumpet about her stunts.
Roger Ebert- "Aishwarya Rai is not just the first, but also the second most beautiful woman in the world"
Akshaye Khanna - "Aish is my ideal woman. I will marry a girl who is like her. I have a lot of respect for her because she is a fantastic actress. I can't wish for anyone better. She is beautiful, talented, graceful and I believe anyone and everyone would want to marry her."
Ashutosh Gowariker - "Aishwarya is the most professional actress I’ve worked with. She never brings any guests to the sets, or even her cell phone for that matter. To me, she is the quintessential princess… Straight out of Amar Chitra Katha… The distressed princess waiting in her chamber… Aishwarya has the elegance and the beauty. Calling her beautiful is an understatement."
Sanjay Leela Bhansali – "Aishwarya is one of the most intelligent persons I’ve met. Her grasping power is extraordinary. She is all there. Always. Thinking. Questioning. She does her homework in the car on her way to the set. She is very graceful too. Even if I asked her to run down the stairs, she would do it so rhythmically that I would be awe-struck. I didn’t have to work too much on her."
Nicole Kidman - "I’m a fan of Aishwarya Rai and her film Bride & Prejudice. I got to meet Aishwarya for the first time at the 2005 Time Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People in the World dinner held in New York City. I think she’s beautiful!"
Beyonce - "I loved Devdas -- the actress was amazing! I cried towards the end of the film"
Freida Pinto - "The only Bollywood film person they know of in the West is Aishwarya Rai.. she is very famous."
Will Smith - "‘She’s the mould that God made the first woman from.She has a powerful energy. She doesn’t have to say anything, she doesn’t have to do anything. Whatever she wants to make, I’m there."
Steven Spielberg - "She is gorgeous, talented and stunningly beautiful. I have seen 'The Pink Panther 2' in which she did such a great job. I also loved her in 'The Mistress of Spices.'"
Sonam Kapoor - “I have the utmost admiration for her and her career. She represents the young , modern, beautiful Indian women with an incredible talent. I'll never reach her level, she's extremely beautiful. She was the headgirl of my school so I've always looked up to her. I will be happy if my career is even 10 per cent of hers. Aishwarya is a classically beautiful woman and eternally graceful as a person. And the way she dresses highlights this."
Shankar (director of Jeans, Endhiran) - Aishwarya Rai is not only a beauty; she is also an extraordinarily brilliant actress and a very hard worker. When we were shooting for Endhiran in South America, terrifying insects bit her and she got wounded. If it had been any other actress, they would have refused to shoot. But Aishwarya Rai without bearing this menace acted throughout the song (Kilimanjaro). Her hard work has made her a beauty.”
Vikram - "Ash’s such a meticulous actress. She’s excited about her work, keenly follows the director’s instructions and keeps track of even minute details about her performance. Also, I always thought Madhuri Dixit was the best dancer. Then I saw Aishwarya dancing live and I was floored."
Karan Johar - "I remember when I was working on Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, I offered the role to nine actresses, and Aishwarya was the only one who had the politeness to call me back and explain to me why she wouldn't be able to do the film. I was exceptionally touched by her professionalism, and that's the first thing that comes to mind when I think of her, just what a professional she is."
Rajnikanth - "There is no other beauty in our generation like Aishwarya Rai. She is a born actor."
Hema Malini - "As I have said many times, Aishwarya Rai is the Dream girl and a great actress. In fact, she is much more than a dream girl."




You have achieved EVERYTHING in life, Aishwarya. All your fans and wellwishers hope you totally enjoy this new amazing phase in your life - Motherhood. You are going to be a mother any day now, we just hope you are always happy and prosperous. Protect yourself and your baby from the prying eyes of the media. You will be a great mother. Superkid, supermodel, superstar and now...supermom!! Having said that, we also hope you are back to what you do best...movies!!! Hope you will always be stunning us with your performances and will touch more and more highs in your professional life. For you, even the sky is not the limit. We love you a lot, not just because we are your fans. We love you for the kind, selfless, graceful, dignified and beautiful person you are. All this qualities make you a true person. A real person. We will always be there for you. Happy birthday, Aishwarya :-)


5 comments:

  1. Here's wishing Aishwarya a very Happy Healthy Wonderful birthday. She's a great Indian icon indeed. This year is more special because of motherhood. May the new phase of her life treat her wonderfully. She'll make a yummy Mommy but as a sincere well wisher hope she starts exercising too( she looked so great in Dhoom2). Well she's very active and but still exercising( be it cardio, weights, yoga , swimming, Pilates...) helps to maintain a healthy body and a beautiful mind. Best regards, now and always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, beautiful Aishwarya. Wish her a very Happy Birthday with loads of happiness, even more success, beauty, love, happiness, peace, long life, good health and motherhood.
    May she be the mom of a beautiful baby, and enjoy family life & motherhood.

    Thanks for the post. Lovely photos. It's good to see that so many people think so highly of her.

    It would be nice to see her do a big budget Hollywood studio film where she has a good role. Remember being there when Will Smith had said some words about her. The cool dude was so honest and he really liked her as a person, actress and beauty. Yes, he wanted to do a film with her & had also said-"My last film Hitch was offered to her, but she was filming Bride and Prejudice, so it wasn’t possible. She is so smart, beautiful and she has a powerful energy around her. " And when asked what he would do if he were to be the President of the United States for a day, he had also quickly said “I would immediately give Aishwarya Rai US citizenship!”

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, princess of India. India is really proud of you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to the amazing, extremely talented and outrageously beautiful Aishwarya Rai Bachchan! You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousJune 06, 2012

    happy birthday beautiful

    ReplyDelete