Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Katrina Kaif has no talent - Sofia Hayat

Frankly I did not know who Sofia was, so I had to read up to know more about her.
Sofia Hayat or Sofia Hayat-Khan is a British Asian actress, singer and model. She will be debuting in the bollywood film, "Diary of a Butterfly".
There was also this very interesting and rather sad article about her at Daily Mail.
But my post is not about all that but her interview to Times of India where she talks about Katrina Kaif. read on.
She has been in the news for her raunchy bikini act in her debut film, Diary of a Butterfly, but British-Indian actor Sofia Hayat insists her talent lies elsewhere.
"I am a trained actor with a degree in acting and dance. How many actors in India have that? I have come here with six years' acting experience," says Sofia.
The actress, who has been in Mumbai for the last six months, has already been signed up for three films. She claims she knows her "trade well", unlike other Indian actors. "If Katrina Kaif, who has no talent, can make it big, then watch out India, here comes Sofia. I've watched her (Katrina) perform live to Sheila Ki Jawani and she was expressionless. She was like, 'How much am I getting paid to do this show?'" claims Sofia.

Quiz her about the media reports claiming that she is of Pakistani origin, and she sets the record straight: "Both my parents are Indian, while my great grandfather was Persian. I don't know how these reports came out wrong."
The actress, who is noted for her glamorous image, says that she is not in India for the money. "Believe me, I have made big money in England. I have written a book and I have starred in a BBC series as well. I am a successful actor and I am here only to do meaningful cinema," she says.
And though she's used to wearing skimpy outfits, Sofia says she has outdone herself with her latest sexy photoshoot. "It's my first bikini scene ever in my six-year-long career. And I know it's quite hot on the web, what with people comparing me to other Bollywood stars in a bikini. I worked hard for it as I am not naturally thin. I lost three kgs and my picture has not been photoshopped. I am very pleased with the result and it's my body you see in those pictures. I know for sure that Minissha Lamba's picture has been photoshopped from head to toe," says Sofia.
The bikini scene has earned Sofia many male fans, something that does not bother her. "I have no qualms about doing bikini scenes. After all, I am an artiste and an artiste's job is to entertain," she insists.
As to how the industry works, Sofia says, "The Indian film industry is way different from the one in UK. There, the focus is not so much on what you look like but on your talent. Here, Bollywood demands one to be glamorous as well." Does she network with Bollywood biggies? "I think Indian actors are a little stuck-up. They are very pretentious," she laughs.


10 comments:

  1. AnonymousMay 17, 2011

    she is a pakistani...now all of a sudden she has become indian just cause she wants to foray into bollywood? we dont want to accept a a liar even if they try to do it just to show their loyalty towards our country!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousMay 17, 2011

    I read this article then I googled her...and remembered where I saw her. There was a show on Channel 4 in the UK.. A hunt for a bollywood star. Where Maheesh Bhatt would offer the winner an acting role. This show was on years ago and this girl had entered the competition. She was fair skinned, but she was suck a horrible person. Always complaining and rolling her eyes..in the end she got a job on some tacky low budget zee tv show. I think he parents have disowned her aswell... I think she will do anything to be famous. True Katrina can't act very well but this sofia is plain evil kaneevil..hope her film flops and bollywood deport her to Tollywood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousMay 17, 2011

    look at this walking dead...Katrina may have no talent, but at least she's not hard to look at. This fame seeker seem like dracula's wife...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousMay 17, 2011

    mg...she is so desperate and horrible....
    she seems fake from top to bottom

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousMay 17, 2011

    ooks scary and fake
    But right before there talented actresses like Madhuri, Juhi, Srdiv, Karishma and others....
    Women were beautiful, talented and strong
    Now leading Bollywood is Katrina do not have the talent And not even Indian
    I think Ash and Priyanka and Deepika and Sonakeshi are Bollywood stars.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousMay 17, 2011

    Who is this wannabe Plastic stuck up arrogant woman, Listen Woman You can never BE AS BEAUTIFUL AND successful as Katrina. She has worked her way up by hard work WITHOUT EVEN KNOWING HINDI, lets see any Indian ACTRESS GO TO A FOREIGN LAND LEARN THE LANGUAGE, SPEAK IT AND ACT IN THEIR FILMS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. AnonymousMay 17, 2011

    Ok many things are wrong with what she has said. Yes kat is not talented (in acting that is) but boy is this woman using that to gain publicity.

    'If Katrina Kaif, who has no talent, can make it big, then watch out India, here comes Sofia'

    LOL watch out for what darling your fake breasts you mean lol. There are hundreds of prettier girls than her Indian raised and born so get in line. To her credit she has appeared in some famous TV programs over here in Eng. Jonathan Creek, Footballers Wives Extra Time, Waterloo Road and Absolute Power. She also was in Bend It Like Beckham.

    'The actress, who is noted for her glamorous image, says that she is not in India for the money. "Believe me, I have made big money in England'

    I always want to give the benefit of doubt to a person especially when I'm reading something coz more often than not the press write something else but if Miss Sofia has said the above then that is surprising. Considering she's new to B town no one wants to know how much money she has made elsewhere. I'm sure shes rich but I don't think she needed to mention it in this case.

    'I am very pleased with the result and it's my body you see in those pictures. I know for sure that Minissha Lamba's picture has been photoshopped from head to toe'

    I have no real problem with people who praise themselves within limit ofcourse but to praise oneself and to belittle another in this case Minissha Lamba is extremely tacky.

    'I think Indian actors are a little stuck-up. They are very pretentious," she laughs.'

    I think she said that in a rather sarcastic way or tongue in cheek but good luck in making friends in the industry Sofia :)

    Now I am NO kat fan but I to my knowledge have never seen her put some one down or make such wild claims. Yes she can't act infact she's extremely poor but very rarely you will find some1 badmouth her etc coz she does her own job and minds her own. I think they call it having class something which this woman (if the above is what she said is true) could do with and could do with ASAP otherwise her Bollywood career will be over before it even started.

    ReplyDelete
  8. AnonymousMay 17, 2011

    Katrina has no talent. but she had Salman Khan. And she didnt talk too much like this wannabe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. AnonymousMay 17, 2011

    one thing I agree in! YES KATRINA KAIF NO TALENT ONLY BEAUTY!!! AND I DOUBT ITS NATURAL TOO LOOL... AND SONAM KAPOOR NO TALENT AS WELL! SHE MUST BE THE WORST ACCORDING ME! AND YES YES YES BOLLYWOOD DOESN'T LOOK SO MUCH AFTER TALENT! SONAM NO TALENT AND KAT TOO...
    BUT ONE THING MORE: CONTACT TO THE INDUSTRY IS ANOTHER THING! ALOT OF ACTRESSES CALLED TOP IS HERE COZ OF FAMILY CONTACTS OR A GODFATHER!WHILE REAL ACTRESSES WITH GREAT TALENT AND BEAUTY IS UNDERRATED COZ OF NO FAMILY CONTACT TO BW INDSUTRY OR NO GODFATHER/BOYFRIENDS WHO CAN TAKE CARE OF THEM OR FIND THEM JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  10. AnonymousMay 17, 2011

    Neither do I think Katrina is talented. But using Katrina's name for fame - desperate and tasteless. And her face is ewww. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete