Sunday, October 21, 2012

Industry Veteran Yash Chopra Dies At 80 Due To Multi-Organ Failure

Director Yash Chopra, 80, has died in Mumbai.

Mr Chopra was admitted to Mumbai's Lilavati Hospital last Saturday with dengue fever. On Wednesday, he was reported to have improved and was expected to be discharged soon.

"He had been suffering from complications of dengue for a long time. He suffered from multi organ failure, because of which he died," a hospital source said.

Mr Chopra is survived by his wife Pamela and two sons Aditya and Uday.

May his soul rest in peace. Condolences to family & friends.


4 comments:

  1. I was SO shocked. Mostly because I heard that he was feeling better and that made ME feel better. Then all of a sudden... wow! Completely left me heartbroken. I will miss him terribly even though I, obviously, didn't know him personally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. some of my all time favourite films are made by YC
    I can't believe this news :( so sad, and just when he announced his retirement from direction :(
    RIP Yash Jee...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am on the floor crying and typing. I saw the news on CNN .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, the the title of Mr. Chopra's last directorial is quiet ironic to the current situation, JAB TAK HAI JAAN..... Yash Chopra, Rest in Peace.

    ReplyDelete