Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I know what happens when there's infidelity - Kareena Kapoor

Let’s start with the talk of the town, Heroine. Finally, you signed it?
Yeah. But it’s too early to talk much about it.I’m glad we finally met midway (in terms of money) and now taking things forward. Madhur is a bold and explicit director. The film will have a lot of glamour, grit and sensationalism for sure.


In Heroine, you’ll be doing an author-backed role after a long time. Nervous?
Not at all. I am an actress and I love doing different, challenging roles. If you agree, I have always experimented with my looks and characters.

You’ve been doing films with big heroes like in Bodyguard. Is it because of the money? Or is it because working with the big boys catapult you into the bigger league?
Bodyguard is a film with a soul. It’s a love story with lots of emotions and drama. If you take the girl out of it, there is no film. I won’t do a film where I might get lost. I am not gung-ho about song and dance. When Salman saw the South version of Bodyguard, he told the producer (Agnihotri) that only Kareena could fit the heroine’s role. After the success of Dabangg and Ready, Salman is poised for a hat trick. I think I have answered your question (smiles).

Rumour had it that you have split with Saif?
Rubbish. We are together.

Do you want to marry him?
Of course, I do. Doesn’t every woman want to take her relationship to the next level? Saif and I are definitely going to marry. We just don’t want to talk about it right now. It’ll take away the focus from the good work we are doing currently.

Buzz is that the wedding will happen right after Agent Vinod releases ...
(Smiles) Speculations galore. The menu, venue… woh sab hum batayenge na. Aisi bhi kya jaldi hai?

Have you had your share of ups and downs in your relationship with Saif?
(Shrugs) Ups and downs are a normal thing in every relationship.

God forbid...but what if you catch Saif cheating on you tomorrow?
That tomorrow will never come. I am a lucky girl. There is love, so there can never be any infidelity. I am not being cynical about this because I know it happens. I have experienced it and I know what it can do.

So, how do you guys stay away from temptation… thrown into outdoor locations for long periods with goodlooking people around you?
Because we have a mental connect, which we both wanted in our lives from before we met each other. Our love is beyond just physicality. We give the much-required space to each other. Saif doesn’t stop me from doing anything - be it doing an intimate scene or getting into an ultra-glam outfit. And it’s the same with me. He is a man who does his job, comes home and I give him a happy world.

Are your parents keen on you formalising the relationship with Saif?
Of course. Especially my mother (Babita). My dad (Randhir) never asks me anything. He just wants me to be happy and safe.

You want to have kids (of course we meant with Saif )?
Yes. Like every woman, I too want kids. But there is a lot of childishness in me still. Saif treats me like a child. I still have to get into that phase where I want to be a mother.

If you get married soon, will the kids have to wait?
Yeah (smiles). Children should be by choice, not by chance.

Madame Tussauds?
It’s an absolute honour. The unveiling shall happen in October. My statue is going to travel for an exhibition to six different cities. I wish my sister Karisma is there with me. She has always stood by me.

Getting over the rough patch with her husband Sanjay Kapur must’ve been tough for Karisma ...
Karisma has been a fighter. She is a very strong girl. All that matters now is that she has emerged a winner. And isn’t she looking her best? She is looking so radiant. She is simply glowing. I am very excited that she is making a comeback to the silver screen. I should be taking her kids on the sets.

You have been a pillar of strength to her during the dark phase ...
Yes. We both have always been there for each other. She is my best friend. We share unconditional love.
==================================================
Kareena's new interview for Bodyguard
Bollywood actress Kareena Kapoor spares few minutes for an interview with Fathima Sumaya Khan, in central London, for London24.

She looks radiant without a trace of makeup. She sits in front of me, playing with her hair and smiling at regular intervals.

“I love being in London. You can say it’s my second home. I enjoy the shopping and food scene of the city,” says the light-eyed beauty, dressed to kill in a short olive dress teamed with a printed white scarf.

Talking about her much-awaited forthcoming Hindi release, Bodyguard, in which she stars with the dashing Salman Khan, Kapoor reveals, “I choose to do a movie depending on the role that is offered to me. Bodyguard has given me enough scope to show my acting skills. My character is very important in the movie; the script is such that this movie couldn’t have been made without a heroine in it.”

“I enjoyed shooting with Salman and rest of the crew. Every day was fun. We really worked hard to make sure the movie was ready for release by Eid”.

A few minutes into the interview I am told “time up”, but I ask her hurriedly what message she wants to give to her UK fans: “When I am walking on the streets of London, fans recognise me and show their love and support. It feels very good. I hope they enjoy watching Bodyguard.”

With the recent influx of Bollywood beauties gracing Hollywood screens and international projects, we asked Kareena whether she plans or hopes to star in a western production soon. Acknowledging the likes of Aishwarya Rai and Mallika Sherawat already giving Bollywood a global face on the other side of the pond, Kareena made it clear that conquering Hollywood was not her main concern.

"I’ve not really aspired to go Hollywood. A) LA is too far and B) I love doing Indian, Desi movies with song and dance so much. I don’t know if i really have interest to do that at the moment."

One character that the Jab We Met star is fondly remembered for is ‘Poo’ in Dharma Productions 2001 family drama Kabhi Kushi Kabhi Gham. The film, which also starred Amitabh Bachchan, Shahrukh Khan and Hrithik Roshan secured Kareena’s place in the Bollywood industry. Much recently the director ‘KJo’ and ‘Big B’ himself mentioned that they would be happy to do a sequel to the blockbuster sometime in the near future. With such news being circulated we asked Kareena whether show would visit the infamous ‘Poo’.

"I don’t know. I think I’ve grown out of Poo. But I was like 20! I don’t know if I can do that now. Although he (Karan Johar) would have to change the part for sure; I know she would still be glamorous but I don’t think she will be stupid!"

We all know that Kareena Kapoor is one of Bollywood’s leading fashion icons; with her love for designer clothing and her keen eye for the catwalk, Desi-Box asked her whether she would ever create her own fashion line and if so what she would call it.

"I would definitely call it something to do with Bebo! I don’t know if I would have the time though. As I would need a lot of time to put my own input for the fashion line. Maybe sometime in the future, but not right now."

Lastly Kareena told Desi-Box of her joy to learn that she would be joining the likes of Amitabh Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai and her Bodyguard co-star Salman Khan, in being immortalised into a prestigious Madam Tussauds wax work this autumn. She says she find the whole experience very exciting and that she is looking forward to it.

"It’s a very big honour. I get to travel with the statue to 6 different cities, which we are planning to do soon. We will unveil it in Blackpool and then travel around at the end of the year to places like Berlin, Hong Kong and Singapore."

Look out for Bebo in the upcoming Eid release of Bodyguard.
Some of Kapoor’s other films which are soon to be released include the much-hyped Agent Vinod, with boyfriend Saif Ali Khan, and Ra One, with Shahrukh Khan


No comments:

Post a Comment