Monday, April 25, 2011

Katrina Kaif and Karan Johar's interview with HT Brunch

Catch the whole interview here
I love how non controversial Katrina Kaif is. I have never seen her pull anyone down nor make digs at anyone.
Here are some excerps from the interview:
Katrina on Katrina
What are you like as a person? I’m still very shy. I am still not very comfortable with meeting strangers. Though I’m in a very public industry, it is difficult for me to talk. I get unnerved if I have to meet strangers. I keep looking at the floor and fidgeting. It’s very silly.
Has stardom changed you? I won’t say it’s changed me, but I have become more conscious of myself. Especially in terms of work. Now that there is more of it, touch wood, I do make conscious decisions. Earlier, that was a luxury. But I still remain the same Katrina.
How would you characterise your acting style? I am a pure commercial actress. That is my forte. Whether it’s New York or Singh Is Kinng, I do films that have mass appeal. I am always game to experiment and I do love variety, but any film I do should be commercially viable.

What do you think you will bring to Dostana 2? I do not believe that I will have to step into Priyanka Chopra’s shoes in Dostana 2. The characters we play are completely different from each other. If comparisons happen, let them happen. They will happen all the time anyway. Priyanka did a great job in Dostana and I’ll do my own bit in Dostana 2. As for the rest, you watch the film and tell me.
Karan on Katrina:
So what is the secret of Katrina’s success? It’s her hard work.
That sounds like such a cliché! No, really. She is very hard working. You know, she’s still taking coaching in Hindi? Now she’s dubbing her own lines. It’s quite an achievement. When she was shooting Sheila ki jawani for Farah Khan I was told that she would shoot the whole day and at the end of the day, still do her workout and rehearsals.


No comments:

Post a Comment