Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Satyamev Jayate - Break The Silence - Episode 2: Child Sexual Abuse

The sexual abuse of children is a horrible reality, and many are unaware of its extent. Research has shown that as many as 53 per cent, or one in every two children, are victims of child sexual abuse. Contrary to belief, the home is not the safest place for a child, as many abusers are trusted by the family. In addition to educating children and encouraging them to be brave enough to say No to abuse, parents themselves need to be sensitive to their children’s signals. Moreover, a robust and specific law against child sexual abuse must be put in place to protect the child and vigorously punish the abuser.

3 comments:

  1. AnonymousMay 15, 2012

    hats off to the entire team of this show for finally talking about taboo topics in India! Who cares if it's inspired by Oprah or Dr. Phil..as long as it helps one person somewhere in the world (and in this case it will help thousands of folks, if not more, in India). This is what India should be importing from the west...a culture of openness, freedom, respect and liberty for everyone..not just for the privileged few... instead of importing McDonalds, Coke n branded designer stuff !

    really nice thought my dear, some people say that he charges 4-5 cror per episode, are they fool ??/ I meant first of all he doesnt charge ny money as its his home production , and second what if he charge that money, he gives every week new hope and zeal to go ahead in life by telecasting many molested child, adult nd many more victims who has been suffred from such problems. I remember when I was a child one of my maternal uncle always tried to do sumthing vulgar with me, but he couldnt I dunno how may be it was God's blessing on me or whatever. I hate that person and If i see him ever in life will kill that bastard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I am still waiting for Aamir Khan to do an episode of his show on infidelity, extra-martial affairs, and divorce rates in India. After all he is an expert in all three of these areas! His ex-wife and children from first marriage will be very good guests, after all they have been victims of infidelity, extra-martial affairs, and divorce...courtesy of Aamir Khan himself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousMay 15, 2012

    I was never a fan of Aaamir Khan but after watching the 1st episode of his show all I have to say is ... I am impressed !!! he's making a change !!! all my respect for you Aaamir!!!

    ReplyDelete