Thursday, May 10, 2012

Aamir Khan stole the concept of my show: Rakhi Sawant

You have been saying that Satyamev Jayate is a copy of Rakhi Ka Insaaf?
The show is a complete copy of Rakhi ka Insaaf. They (the production house) have stolen our concept. The format of my show was similar. There was a point when I was so disturbed after meeting the various people who came on the show with their problems, that I had to be hospitalised, since I was suffering from depression. My show was shifted to a late night slot because of its mature content, but it still registered good TRPs. On the other hand, just because Satyamev Jayate has Aamir Khan, the show is being aired in the morning slot and people are talking about it.

How do you like Aamir's show?
My only issue is that if Aamir Khan decides to do a show like this, it is termed social work, but if Rakhi Sawant anchors a similar show it is termed as business and a means to garner TRPs. The courts will interfere in my show and say that 'Lets solve these issues' we don't need a show for this. Aren't these double standards? There is nothing original about Aamir's show, because Rakhi ka Insaaf had already done all that. Logon ko rulaana bahot aasan hai, but to take corrective action and bring about a change in society is difficult! Such shows only play with people's emotions. When Aamir does a show like this, he is applauded and when I do a show like this, they say item girl kya insaaf dilayegi? Having said that, I want my show to be brought back with a sequel.


1 comment:

  1. AnonymousMay 10, 2012

    What's so new about this show, nothing. The popular American show 20/20 did a
    show about all this last year. Elizabeth Vargas even interviewed the doctor with the twin girls.
    Time for Rakhi and Aamir Khan to get real and do original stuff.

    ReplyDelete