Monday, July 25, 2011

If I don't understand politics I would stay away from making political statements - Deepika Padukone

Deepika Padukone in a recent interview made this comment which probably was a dig at Katrina kaif - If I don't understand politics I would stay away from making political statements And I think people should not be casual on these subjects".


On being quizzed about Kat's comment, she said, "We should not speak on political matters without having a proper understanding of it. Reservation is a touchy topic and a complex one at that. I can't make off-the-cuff, casual remarks on issues of grave political and social importance."

Katrina recently recived a lot of flak for her recent comment on Rahul Gandhi.
In a recent newspaper interview Katrina Kaif made a statement that Rahul Gandhi is half-Indian and half-Italian just like she is Half British and Half Indian.

Here is her exact comment -

"Please understand that I am not – I assure you, I promise you – I am not the only half Asian half British person alive on this planet! My passport's copies are with every news channel in this country – don't ask me how they got them. Everyone has my name, which is my mother's name, on the passport. It's never been hidden, that, or my date of birth, or where I was born – I was born in Hong Kong, for all those who've missed that part of the breaking news – and I just find it so funny. Am I supposed to be ashamed that I am half Asian, half European? I mean, no! Rahul Gandhi is half Indian, half Italian. So? I am very proud of what I am and I just don't understand the confusion – as if I'm trying to hide the fact that my mother's British. Why would I?"

Congress did not like the comment made about Rahul Gandhi and they retaliated.

"Who is she? I do not know. Tomorrow, you will ask for our reaction on the statement of Johny Lever . To what level you want to bring down the level of the political discourse in the country?" party spokesperson Manish Tewari said when asked for his comments on Katrina's remarks


10 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 25, 2011

    deepika get a life...such a cheap remark

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJuly 25, 2011

    Deepika is so impolite and incorrect! She copies Kat in movies, dancing and style. It seems that she is out there with her rich boyfriend trying to get back at Kat. She is immature and opportunist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJuly 25, 2011

    Deepika cannot be jealous if KAT she started with a HIT and a superstar SRK while KAT started with a flop by romancing and having hot scenes with a Villian oh No what a pity

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJuly 25, 2011

    Frstly kat didn't said anything wrong...secondly why is deepika commenting abt politics and all....kat u are so strong girl...be like this foreva think that the negative people doesn't affects u...kat rocks...

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousJuly 25, 2011

    GOSH deepika is always against of katrina deepika is quite jealous of kat frst kat did sheila ki jawani and then after deepika even told to choreographar that dmd song should be more great than sheila ki jawani...
    but deepu lost it coz kat was and still more hotter than deepika...deepika move on girl...kat is very hardworkin and very nice girl...why deepika always make some statement after katrina's interview....i say yo get a life deepika...

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousJuly 25, 2011

    Poor deepika trying to seek attention b4 her movie releases...

    ReplyDelete
  7. AnonymousJuly 25, 2011

    ok deepikas statement hv nothing to do w. kat......but how come she cant talk about politics when she is in a movie which is about politics.......she has a right to hv a opinion, n i believe india is a free country so she has the right to express her opinion...........the thing is that her IQ is probably would only understand something a five year old can so she more than likely doesnt even understand wht the movie is all about to express or even have a opinion........only reson she did the movie was that it would give her some credibility but doesnt she know she isnt even half of a decent actress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. AnonymousJuly 25, 2011

    ahahah i agree deepika IS in love with kat! and the love is not being reciprocated by kat, and so deepika takes her frustration out by making comments like these

    Kat didnt say ANYTHING wrong or controversial. Rahul gandhi IS half indian and half italian, and his mother is FULL italian! You cant escape the truth of your heritage and ethnicity.

    ReplyDelete
  9. AnonymousJuly 25, 2011

    Deepika should learn from kat how to talk and personality.She is honest,casual,staright forward like me.
    We need more people like her instead of dramatic queens,fake accents and liars and public seekers.

    Deepika feels kat is foreign origin and does not deserve her place in bollywood.
    She failes to understand that kat's dad was indian but mom british so she is indian too.

    Face it deepika: kat is a bigger star than you and commands more market than you.

    REmember it was deepika who asked for kat's indian passport on karan johar's talk show?
    It shows how curious and jealous she is which kat brushed off saying she is not hiding anything and is very much indian as us except brought up in london.

    ReplyDelete
  10. AnonymousJuly 25, 2011

    Deepika does not think of herself as anything just nice indian girl with no doubts about her origin so booo to you deepika hater there is nothing to be jealous of kat after all she was in the industry for years before deepika came now tell me who is the jealous one.

    ReplyDelete