Monday, December 27, 2010

Asha Ashish© Exclusive: Sonam Kapoor - "I won’t ever wear a bikini"



Fun, honest and spunky she is all that and more. She is every designer’s dream. Quite contrary to what one would think of a star, she is warm and approachable. 2010 has been a big year for her. She has delivered a hit with I Hate Luv Storys. Mausam and Thank you being her upcoming movies, she is here to stay.


Asha Ashish© got an exclusive interview with Sonam Kapoor where she talked on the Koffee with Karan controversy, on opening her own clothing line and her upcoming movies. Read on.



Asha Ashish©: Saawariya, Delhi 6, IHLS, and Aisha - Do you think you are getting stereotyped as the girl next door?
Sonam Kapoor: Lol, they all are very different characters I’ve had the privilege of playing. Just because I didn't wear hot shorts and a bikini top I wouldn't call them "girl next door roles". But if it means I'm going to get more roles like the ones I've played then I'm very happy with the image.

Asha Ashish©: Could you provide more details on the character you portray in Mausam?
Sonam Kapoor: It’s too early to speak about the role right now, but it’s been an incredible journey as an actor for me.

Asha Ashish© : How was your experience working in Anees Bazmi’s Thank You?
Sonam Kapoor: The most fun set I've been on. I love the entire cast and crew.

Asha Ashish©: Do you rehearse your scenes before you go on the sets?
Sonam Kapoor: I rehearse and do a lot of homework, and because of that people have started confusing me as the character, after Saawariya they thought i was very Indian, after Delhi six they thought of me as a serious actor, after ihls as a commercial heroine and after Aisha a spoilt brat.

Asha Ashish©: Apart from Mausam and Thank you, any other movies you have signed?
Sonam Kapoor: I have also started ‘Players’ opposite Abhishek Bachchan directed by Abbas Mastan.

Asha Ashish©: Do you aspire to be the number one actress in Bollywood?
Sonam Kapoor: I aspire to be an actor above all. I don't believe in the number game.

Asha Ashish©: A top Bollywood actress made a statement that there is no ‘act’ in actress today. What do you have to say to that?
Sonam Kapoor: I think Kareena, Priyanka, Deepika and Katrina are all extremely talented in their own way and they act very well in their respective genres.

Asha Ashish© : Is Hollywood on your agenda?
Sonam Kapoor: The world is on my agenda

Asha Ashish©: One movie of recent times you wished you were a part of?
Sonam Kapoor: Three Idiots, though I don’t think anyone besides Bebo could have done that role

Asha Ashish©: One star you are dying to get paired with?
Sonam Kapoor: Hrithik Roshan and Shah Rukh Khan.

Asha Ashish©: Would you be fine donning a 2 piece suit if the role demanded it?
Sonam Kapoor: No I won’t ever wear a bikini.

Asha Ashish© : A lot of controversies arose after your Koffee with Karan show aired. Do you have any regrets regarding your statements on Ranbir Kapoor?
Sonam Kapoor: Nope, I didn’t say anything in bad taste. I said exactly the same thing he said and even took up for him saying he is well brought up.

Asha Ashish© : Did you get a chance to speak to Ranbir or his family after the KWK show aired?
Sonam Kapoor: I haven’t spoken to him in a year

Asha Ashish© : Is it true that you were thrown out of the Ranbir Kapoor world tour 2011? Any comments you would like to make to clear this up?
Sonam Kapoor: I was asked to participate way before the whole so called controversy and I refused to be a part of it since I didn’t have dates.

Asha Ashish© : Are you good friends with Deepika now? Are you open to doing a movie with her?
Sonam Kapoor: I’m not friends with her, I’m cordial and get along when I meet her and I am open to doing a movie with her.

Asha Ashish© : The Bollywood celeb you are closest to [apart from your sis and dad
Sonam Kapoor: I’m friends with all the people I’ve worked with. I’m especially close to Sanjay Leela Bhansali and Rakesh Mehra. My best friends are not from the industry

Asha Ashish© : Would you ever consider opening your own clothing line?
Sonam Kapoor: Yes I would love too

Asha Ashish©: Who plans your look for the events? Is it your stylist who puts together the look?
Sonam Kapoor: Not really, I work with different stylists but I usually wear what I feel looks nice and my sister helps

Asha Ashish©: A fashion blunder that most Bollywood celebs commit?
Sonam Kapoor: Not matching their body tone to their face colour, it looks very bad

Asha Ashish©: Who do you think is the best dressed Bollywood celeb from your generation [Male and Female?]
Sonam Kapoor: Deepika Padukone and Kangana Ranaut
Imran Khan and Abhishek Bachchan


No comments:

Post a Comment