Tuesday, November 6, 2012

"I don't think I have the talent or the face to be a heroine." - Shweta Nanda

Shweta Bachchan Nanda has created quite a stir with her tell-all interview and cover photo for this month's issue of Vogue India. Inspite of being from one of the greatest film families, Shweta has always held her own and took the untrodden path of staying away from the limelight and enjoying family life.


In her exclusive interview to Vogue she revealed some lesser known facts about herself, her relationship with family, with filmdom and her life as both a Bachchan and a Nanda.

Snippets:
She talked about younger brother Abhishek and how inseparable they were before she got married. They attended University together and shared an apartment. "I would cook, and he would clean; he was in charge of the accounts, while I did the decor." After she married, he moved back home. He was shy and wasn't able to handle living alone.
Shweta is extremely fond of Aishwarya and feels that she is the perfect daughter to take her place. She has gone on record to say that Aishwarya is a doting mother, and the Bachchans can't get enough of little Aaradhya.

Shweta has never been interested in Bollywood. She feels she isn't cut out for it. “I’m scared of cameras and I’m not good with crowds,” She adds, “I don’t think I have the talent or the face to be a heroine. I’m happy where I am.” Her camera-shyness is apparent in most family affairs where she prefers to be in the background offering support to the family.

In contrast, Shweta plays the role of daughter-in-law, wife and mother to her best with two children, Navya and Agastya. She enjoys shopping for her daughter and they've bonded well over fashion.
Additionally, Shweta has been experimenting with her fashion choices constantly and considers herself to be casual yet sophisticated taking cue from her very savvy lineage. On the same, she said, "I work on my look a lot more now. I’m more groomed, but I’m still lazy. I don’t like to put things together—I’m not big on accessories, and I prefer solid hues.” Her philosophy is elegant but long-term.

To know more about what the stylish yummy mummy had to say, grab your copy of the November Vogue India now.


No comments:

Post a Comment