Monday, May 11, 2015

Kamaal Khan's ex girlfriend wonders about the mystery behind his disappearance

On the fateful day when Salman Khan's hit and run accident happened, there was a close friend of Salman, singer Kamaal Khan seated in the car. Though Kamaal initially did give a statement saying that Salman was driving the car, this did not help much in the development of the case as Kamaal later disappeared into thin air. Years later, Kamaal's then girlfriend and live in partner Shilpi Sharma recalled in an interview to Mumbai Mirror how Kamaal disappeared into the darkness one night.
She said, "He used to be disturbed about the case. He'd get agitated if I mentioned the hit-and-run case, so I never probed. I got to know him two years after the incident and the unspoken rule was that we'd never talk of it." The two met in 2004 on the sets of Rahul Rawail's Jo Bole So Nihaal. Shilpi said, "We were both starting our acting careers together and instantly connected. He was quite charming and I soon fell madly in love. It wasn't a fairy-tale romance. The ghost of the case loomed large over our relationship but we managed...We fought often but there was an attempt to maintain stability."

She added, "But one day, late in 2008, I woke up to find that Kamaal was gone. I was shocked! It took me days, even months, to come to terms with the fact. I haven't been in a relationship since though my parents now insist that I should get married. Kamal's sudden disappearance caused me great embarrassment since I'd given up film offers to be with him. Maybe he had reasons. In a weird way, it gave me closure but also shattered my faith in men and relationships. His disappearance is as big a mystery to me as it is to anyone else. I hope he's living a happy life. I'm trying to.""

No comments:

Post a Comment