Monday, October 17, 2011

Bollywood's new casting couch scandal

People who read today's Mumbai Mirror may know what I am talking about. For people unaware, Subash Ghai, Anup Jalota and Anees Bazmi are in a new casting couch scandal.
Jerusalem-born, New York-raised Rina Golan in her book "Dear Mister Bollywood: How I fell in Love with India Bollywood and Shah Rukh Khan", has named industry veterans Subhash Ghai, Anup Jalota, Anees Bazmee and even Dr Ali Irani in her 119-page biography, where she claims they have all asked her for sexual favours in passages that are not fit to print in this publication for their explicit content.

You can read the entire article in the link above. Here are some excerpts.
Golan about Subhash Ghai:
“I want you to trust me and surrender to me completely. I will take you around with me everywhere and you will see how your life will change,” he said.
Subhash took me to the bedroom …. I decided to change my normal approach and abandon my principles. But there was no way I could fool myself. If I had made it this far without giving in to some powerful … guy offering to help me then why should I give up now?
Golan about Anees Bazmee:
“I’m going to come over and we are just going to eat, nothing else?” “No, we will also have fun,” he said. In an instant, all my respect for him had turned into disgust. Anees was no longer a cool director. He was just another powerful guy wanting to take advantage of me just because he supposedly was in a higher position.
“I have no problem coming for dinner and hanging out with you, but I will not do anything else,” I said. “I don’t believe in doing what you are offering. I have a God that is watching me.”


5 comments:

  1. Shweta SinghOctober 17, 2011

    ghai sleeps with every lady in his film.. Even Ash ( slelf made star) slept with Ghai, to get Taal role. This was disclosed by other actor too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Ash did not sleep with Ghai. She was seeing Salman at that time. Apparently ghai propositioned her or something and Salman attacked Ghai for that. So hating Ash is fine but get your stories right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Madhuri , Sridevi , Karishma, Priyanka , Rani , Preity , Aishwarya ..all have gone through this . I think its the norm in this industry. This happens even in Hollywood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAWN....this nothing new, most people are aware that bollywood is a very sleazy place and to get to the top you have do all kinds of immoral things like sleep with anybody and everybody

    ReplyDelete
  5. shame on all these men...cant believe they have daughters!

    ReplyDelete