Monday, May 9, 2011

We plan on having a premiere of Mere brother Ki Dulhan in Pakistan - Ali Zafar

Commonly called as the “Prince of Pop” in Pakistan, Ali Zafar forayed into Bollywood with “Tere Bin Laden” which went on to become an instant hit. He was recently seen play a cameo in Yash Raj’s “Luv Ka The End”. Asha Ashish© caught up with the multifaceted Ali Zafar in an exclusive interview where he talked on music, movies and life.


Asha Ashish©: What projects are you currently working on?
AZ: There are a couple of projects I am currently working on.

“Luv Ka The End” which released last Friday. I have done a song and a cameo in the movie.
“Mere Brother Ki Dulhan” - I have finished shooting for the movie.
On Dhoom 3: No, I am not doing Dhoom 3.
On David Dhawan’s remake of “Chashme Baddoor”: I can’t say much about this but you will soon get to know if I am doing it or no.
I am going to start with two more big films this summer. They are not with Yash Raj. One is a romantic comedy and the other one is an intense romantic film. There are talks of other projects too.
Asha Ashish©: How was your experience working on “Mere Brother Ki Dulhan”?
AZ: MBKD was the best phase in my life. I would never forget any of it. The entire project worked as a family. We have tried to make a fun film. I hope people like it.
I have sung 3 songs for the movie. One of the songs is where we get high on bhang and that is a mad crazy number. It is going to be one of the biggest songs this year because of the way it is being shot. The other one is a clubby number.

Asha Ashish©: How was your experience working with Katrina Kaif and Imran Khan?
AZ: They were very nice, super friendly and cordial. I recently celebrated my birthday and they came over for the celebration.

Asha Ashish©: Talking about music, did you expect this kind of appreciation for your album Jhoom? It is the second highest selling album in India.
AZ: I am glad that Jhoom was appreciated given the fact that I tried a different genre. If you speak the truth and do anything with your soul and heart, ultimately commercial success does follow.

Asha Ashish©: Moving forward, will you be doing music as well or will you be concentrating on movies alone?
AZ: The good thing about Bollywood is that the movies here are just not movies, they are musicals. If I am working on movies, that means I am singing for myself too. So music is happening automatically. But if I want to do an album, I will always do that because I can’t stop that. That’s me.

Asha Ashish©: Name a few recent Bollywood numbers that you really liked
AZ: “Laung da Lashkara” from Patiala house, “Dil to bachcha hai jee” from Ishqiya.

Asha Ashish©: India doesnt have a great music scene. We dont see very many private albums come out. Any comments on that?
AZ: The music scene in India needs to be corrected because people don’t get a chance to release private albums due the dominant Bollywood music industry. There is a lot of talent but they are not given a chance to showcase their talent. I was watching MTV and Channel V the other day and they have become reality channels. This needs to change.

Asha Ashish©: There was news doing the rounds that you wanted to paint Katrina Kaif. Is that true?
AZ: I didn’t express any such thing.

Asha Ashish©: If you were to paint a Bollywood celebrity on canvas, who would that be?
AZ: Mr. Amitabh Bachchan.

Asha Ashish©: And among the females?
AZ: I am very old school in that regard. I will stick to Mr. Dilip Kumar, Mr. Bahchchan, Gulzar saab

Asha Ashish©: You do music, you paint and you act in movies. Which one are you most passionate about?
AZ: It has to be music.

Asha Ashish©: You have a lot of female fans; does that bother your wife Ayesha?
AZ: No, she has got used to it. She has been with me for a long time. She is very sensible and understanding and very supportive of my work.

Asha Ashish©: You come across as a very philosophical person. Are you like that?
AZ: I think I am. Ever since I was a child, I was always quiet and thinking. I like to read a lot and think a lot. I like to question everything.

Asha Ashish©: A fellow Pakistani Imran Abbas will soon be foraying into Bollywood. Any piece of advice for him?
AZ: I can’t have any advice for him. He was my senior in college. He has been acting on TV for a long time. I totally adore him. He is sensible enough to sort his way out. If he ever needs anything, I will be more than willing to help.

Asha Ashish©: As a star how are you trying to bridge the gap between India and Pakistan?
AZ: I am at a place where I can help change perceptions about Pakistan in India. The people believe whatever the media tells them. I am trying my bit to help change this.
We are planning to do a premiere for “Mere Brother Ki Dulhan” in Pakistan. We want to call all the cast and crew to Pakistan and have a party. We are planning it, let’s see how it goes.

Asha Ashish©: Do you aspire to be the #1 star in Bollywood?
AZ: My ambition in life has nothing to do with any material gains. Nothing like being the #1 actor or singer. Even if I were to get there I would want it to happen for a greater purpose. My biggest aim in life is to make more and more people happy through my art. As a star that given me an opportunity to do that. But yes, I will never lose my sleep over the number game.

Asha Ashish©: A message to your fans on Asha Ashish©?
AZ: Don’t spend too much time on Facebook and Twitter. Read and increase your knowledge; learn a new skill, learn something creative.


No comments:

Post a Comment