Monday, June 1, 2015

I invited Ranbir & Katrina but I understand them not wanting to party: Deepika

Deepika Padukone a few days back had organised a ‘Piku’ success bash just after the debacle of ‘Bombay Velvet’. But Deepika had no intention to hurt ‘BV’ team’s sentiments.
Insisting that the party was organised at the last moment, Deepika clears out saying that the ‘BV’ makers – Anurag Kashyap, Madhu Mantena, Vikas Bahl had attended the party. In an interaction with Mumbai Mirror, Deepika clears out how things coincided. She said, “Only Vikramaditya Motwane was away in Cannes. I also invited Ranbir and Katrina (Kaif) but I can understand them not wanting to party since I've gone through similar phases in my career. I will never do anything to hurt Ranbir. He'd talk to me about Bombay Velvet during Tamasha, admitted it was a difficult character even for a brilliant actor like him. I've yet to see the film but it belonged to friends of mine and I empathize with their pain, I think the negativity surrounding it is unfair.”

Also knowing the equation Ranveer and Deepika share, and the two will be seen together in ‘Bajirao Mastani’ after ‘Goliyon Ki Raasleela: Ram-Leela’. And recently Deepika attended a special screening of Ranveer’s upcoming film ‘Dil Dhadakne Do’ and mentioned about his performance on social networking site, “You can do this also?” About this special mention, Deepika says, “He's a chameleon. I'd seen him in Band Baaja Baraat, Lootera and Ram Leela. Then to see him so comfortable in a different, more urban world, made me react with an amazed, 'You can do this also!”
Apparently Deepika was also given a script of ‘DDD’ long ago and though she knew the punch lines, the characters, which scene came next, she was blown away by the film. She attended the screening to support those whom she loves. She said, “He and I are very clear about our equation and what we mean to each other. I don't have to give the relationship a tag for someone reading this. I was at the screening to support those I love. Ranveer supported me when I made an unconventional Finding Fanny. I wanted to be there for this film that he's worked so hard on even if it had nothing to do with me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment