Saturday, May 28, 2011

CSK thrash RCB to retain the crown

Presentation:
MS Dhoni: I think this is a fabulous effort from the guys, it was a good start from Hussey and Vijay. We got the momentum and we maintained it and that's the reason why we could score over 200. The intent was there, it was the final and the batsmen showed intent, challenged the fielders, rotated strike pretty well and put extra pressure. Our start with the ball was great, Ashwin bowled really well, that's one of the reasons why he gets more purchase than some of the other bowlers. The big achievement is to win both the trophy and to win the fair play award. We'll look to win the Champions League as well, we have to see what kind of form we'll be in. Chennai crowd were brilliant throughout, and that helped us, particularly in the close games. It was tough to play the IPL soon after the World Cup, and after winning the WC the crowd were a bit relaxed and the turn out increased after every match. Looking forward to go to Ranchi now.

Vettori: We didn't bowl well from the start and it hurt us. We should have bowled the way we did in the last game but we didn't. I think it was a good toss to win, the wicket got a bit tougher, but our bowling was really bad. Around 160-170 was gettable, but 200 was too much. Hopefully we can look back and think how well we did throughout the tournament. We finished at the top of the table in the league stage.
The RCB players are walking up to collect the medals.
Gayle: It was a home away from home, congrats to Chennai, they played better cricket and they deserved to win. It was a situation where I was not thinking about the IPL and suddenly the call came, I would thank the management and the teammates. It was great to bat with Dilshan and Kohli and to talk to Zaheer. Virat can do the hi-fis pretty well and he will learn a few moves when he tours the Caribbean shortly.
Christopher Henry Gayle wins the Golden Player of the tournament award.
Chennai also win the Fair Play award, Dhoni walks up to collect the trophy.
Lasith Malinga gets the Purple Cap award, Pollard collects it on his behalf.
Chris Gayle gets the Orange Cap award. A cash prize of 10 lakh.
Valthaty: God has been really kind to me, I prepared well this year. Credit to my team, captain and coach. It is going to be a bit more comfortable. Need to put my head down and work hard.
Paul Valthaty gets a car for the best individual performance.
Iqbal Abdulla: This is a big achievement, and I would look to perform well. Cricket was always my passion and I would like to play the same way from here on. The senior players are helping us and Dav Whatmore along with Wasim are helping us really well. Playing for India is the ultimate dream.
The rising star award goes to Iqbal Abdulla of KKR and he's there to collect the award.
Murali Vijay: I would dedicate this award to my mom. As a team we really played well. To be frank, I was hitting the ball really well. Mike Hussey has been guiding me really well and it is a great team to be a part of.
Murali Vijay is the Man of the Match
Alright, the presentation ceremony kicks off.
The Chennai players are going for a victory lap around Chepauk. The crowds haven't left yet. No idea how long it takes before the presentation ceremony gets underway.
Morkel: Amazing atmosphere. Last time we won it was in Mumbai, we knew that it would be really special to win it at home and it feels special. Enjoy my role in the team, I support that and back the management. Sometimes it does not come out and we have to be confident when we turn out for the next game.
Ashwin: I'm enjoying the work with the new ball, I get more grip with the Kookaboora ball. There was no plan as such, I was confident bowling to Gayle, there was a bit of a mind game going on, he was a bit hesitant. I am not able to sink into this, we need to be the Man United of the IPL.




No comments:

Post a Comment