Friday, February 18, 2011

Katrina Kaif Will have kids by the time I'm around 33


In a recent interview of GQ India, Katrina Kaif speaks about her maternity plans and also reveals if she would want to have her child grow up without a father.

Uncomfortable with overt sensuality
Katrina feels working in films is a wonderful business, but it can be very tricky. "You're being watched and judged by a lot of people. You live through the newspapers." Overt displays of female sexuality, for example, are out. "I'm not comfortable beyond a certain line of sensuality," she says. "I think it can be offensive to certain sectors of your audience. It's important that it comes across as you."


Nomadic childhood
Kaif's reluctance to open up extends to her wildly nomadic childhood. Born in Hong Kong, she left with her British mother Suzanne Turquotte, a veteran NGO activist, when she was two or three, spending time in France and Japan and then Hawaii by the age of 11, before arriving in London at 13. "I have a lot of feelings of being lost and shy and isolated. I felt alien," she says. "It makes you feel unsettled in your mind. You crave somewhere to settle." At 18, she found it after being cast in Kaizad Gustad's Boom in 2003, the film that launched her career. To sound easier on the Indian ear, she took the name of her Kashmiri-British father, Mohammed Kaif.

Raising kids without father?
When asked about her marriage she said, "Do I see myself married in two years? I don't really know. I think by the time I'm around 33, I should be having kids. But you can't plan it. I do want to get married, but do I want to have a child grow up without a father? No. I think you need more security."

At least it became clear that she has broken up with Salman. Clearly, Salman cannot wait 8 more years to get married to her, considering he's in his 46th year now. Hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment